AH-1G Cobra-The Crystal Ship

I had a few locating problems. The interior had very small raised area to locate the

interior to the fuselage sides yet the kit has huge locator pins to help with fuselage

sides assembly. I'd rather have had a bigger lip to locate the interior and a bigger lip

to locate the main rotor hub. Outside of that the kit has an excellent "Tamiya" quality

fit, so far and beautiful detailing. jon

13 minutes ago, jonwinn said:

I had a few locating problems. The interior had very small raised area to locate the

interior to the fuselage sides yet the kit has huge locator pins to help with fuselage

sides assembly. I'd rather have had a bigger lip to locate the interior and a bigger lip

to locate the main rotor hub. Outside of that the kit has an excellent "Tamiya" quality

fit, so far and beautiful detailing. jon

Watch out for the air intakes where there is something wrong in the design. See here where I have photos of the problem and the solution.

I have the tail and stabs added. I have a step in one side as the tail seems wider than the fuselage boom.

There is a slight step in the left side joint, outside of that it is a good fit. I need to do a small bit of sanding

and am awaiting my resin intakes to resume building. jon

Cobra 15.JPG

Cobra 17.JPG

Non-Cobra guy here -unfamiliar with the “Crystal Ship” reference ???

edit: n/m I just found it on the box art. Curse these tiny cellphone screens !!!

:OMG-OMG:

Edited by habu2
  • 1 month later...

I found this color for the olive drab, it's Humbrol light olive matt an acrylic rattle can spray paint. I used Humbrol's desert tan acrylic spray on a tank a few years back and was impressed with the results. It has that brown hue to it like a lot of the Vietnam Cobras had. jon

Humbrol light olive matt.jpg

Humbrol acrylic spray desert tan.JPG

Edited by jonwinn
  • 1 month later...