I finished up the bench top for the spray booth bench. The top is melamine with a maple edge. Next step is to get the piece of wood made for the window opening, which I will only install when using the booth.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7493(1).JPG

Posted (edited)

The booth and bench are pretty much finished. I need to make a wood insert, with a dryer vent exhaust, for a window so I can just install it when I want to paint. Then I can "test" the booth and finalize my baffle inserts. I'll be adding a piece of wood to the bench bottom at some point and also making a new upper front valance panel since I can't use my speed control with this fan and, that empty blue box really bugs me. Very happy with how everything came out and, another long overdue project wrapped up.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7495.JPG

Edited by A-10 LOADER

How about filling that hole with a 110v outlet plug?  Convenient place to plug in a phone charger, portable vacuum cleaner.....

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

How about filling that hole with a 110v outlet plug?  Convenient place to plug in a phone charger, portable vacuum cleaner.....

Thought about that but, not really necessary. The room it's going to live in has plenty of outlets.

Steve

5 hours ago, Susaschka said:

Wow, what a beast!

Wish I had the space to create something like that.

Great work! 

Thank you, much appreciated.

Steve

• 2 months later...

The booth is finally in it's space now. I made a new insert, out of 1/2" plywood and, added the vent. Now I can get the booth baffles finalized, with the help of a friend and, wrap up this project.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7499.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7500.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7501.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7502.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7503.JPG

28 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Sweet!  No more excuses. Get busy painting now.   I’m loving mine. 

I still need to finish up some woodworking projects before I can get back to the bench. It will be nice to not have to work my painting around the weather though.

Steve

P.S. I'd like to see what you built.

Edited by A-10 LOADER