Question about Kinetic F-16 IP fit

Started some work on the Kinetic F-16MLU and noticed that the IP doesn’t come up high enough to reach the underside of the shroud molded as part of the upper fuselage.  There is a noticeable gap between the top of the HUD up front controller on top of the IP, and underside of the HUD molded on the shroud.  There’s only one way it fits, so I don’t think there’s any interference or I’m assembling it wrong.  I think I could fix it by cutting off the small tabs of tge IP that stick out of the sides, but that seems to be part of the IP shape.  Anyone run into this with the Kinetic 1/48 kits?

I know I'll get some flak for this but Kinetic F-16 1/48 kits are a pain to build! They'll fight you the whole way. That being said, the detail is great as is the ordnance but Tamiya rules in Vipers. :salute:

Edited by airmechaja
spelling

Thanks for the reply.  I’m aware of comments that there are fit issues with this kit, but I’m looking at this issue in particular and trying to find out how others have handled it.  Cut off the side tabs on the IP so it sits higher, which also raises the front of the cockpit floor?  Or just build up the top of tge IP with scrap plastic to fill the gap to the underside of the shroud?

On 2/1/2022 at 7:49 PM, Dave Williams said:

Started some work on the Kinetic F-16MLU and noticed that the IP doesn’t come up high enough to reach the underside of the shroud molded as part of the upper fuselage.  There is a noticeable gap between the top of the HUD up front controller on top of the IP, and underside of the HUD molded on the shroud.  There’s only one way it fits, so I don’t think there’s any interference or I’m assembling it wrong.  I think I could fix it by cutting off the small tabs of tge IP that stick out of the sides, but that seems to be part of the IP shape.  Anyone run into this with the Kinetic 1/48 kits?

Dave Wiiliams, I know what speak of, having same fit issues with my Kinetic F-16B, I think I'm going to remove the IP from pit tub and glue it directly to the shroud, hoping that works

20220203_175610 (1).jpg

20220203_175637.jpg

20220203_175610.jpg

That didn’t work for me.  I was fitting the IP by itself, as well as attached to the cockpit tub.  The problem, at least for me, is that the the small points that stick out the side of the IP bottom out on the corners of the shroud underside before the top of the IP reaches the underside of the shroud where the HUD is.  

Huh, I did build an F-16C, but the IP and IP shroud did not fit eachother all that well. I settled on a piece of plastic for the center piece. The face of the IP is so deep under the coaming it will never be visible. It's not the easiest thing to photograph too.

AM-JKLUehL-klNm9quo3XurXH25z9i04pnKnMV_2

AM-JKLWFK2jppZIdWaWiFrZQaCm5G7ZsqOIshBTG