US Military pictures and copyright

Are all pictures posted by the US military (i.e., on .mil websites and on divds) public domain and therefore totally license-free (when used appropriatly)?

Just checking as I love them and find them extremely useful for modelling purposes 😉

Thanks,

Arnaud

1 hour ago, arnobiz said:

Are all pictures posted by the US military (i.e., on .mil websites and on divds) public domain and therefore totally license-free (when used appropriatly)?

Just checking as I love them and find them extremely useful for modelling purposes 😉

Thanks,

Arnaud

Yes, all are public domain. 

4 hours ago, VIPER0177 said:

As far as I know all photos taken by active duty U.S. military members are free use as long as you give credit to the photographer if you publish or use them in ads.

Not all Active Duty mil. Only PA. I took several photos from the jet during my time and I had to have them removed from sites when they showed up without credit and approval. Even some bases were using them without permission and had removed my name. Since I wasn't an official AF photog, they didnt have a leg to stand on.