1/48 Dora Wings AT-9 Jeep Review/Preview

I forgot all about this kit!! I will be getting this!

correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there also another WWII twin engine trainer kit in 1/48 out there?? Such as an AT-11? I know there are C-45 kits in 1/48 but thought I had seen a AT-11 kit somewhere 

Edited by B-17 guy
2 hours ago, B-17 guy said:

I forgot all about this kit!! I will be getting this!

correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there also another WWII twin engine trainer kit in 1/48 out there?? Such as an AT-11? I know there are C-45 kits in 1/48 but thought I had seen a AT-11 kit somewhere 

The only thing I can find is an AT-11 resin conversion set from Lone Star designed to be used with the Battleaxe kit C-45. Dunno if it would work with the ICM kit.

B-17 guy...

If you want a multi engine trainer collection, your best bet would be to get one of the Squadron 1/48 kits of the Cessna Bobcat and paint it as an AT-17 or Canadian Crane.

BTW: My dad was  a B-17 pilot, he received his multi engine training in the Cessna.

I don't think anyone makes a 1/48 Beech AT-10 Wichita, the other specifically designed (in other words, not a conversion of an existing type) multi engine trainer. Although more were built than the AT-9 (2300 vs 800 for the Curtiss), it seems to be even more obscure.

(Each type only has one complete survivor (at the NMUSAF in Dayton) with one partial airframe under restoration. Neither type saw much use post war. Though many AT-10s were collected at an airfield for possible civil conversion, those plans did not come to fruition.)

Not that it probably makes much difference, but the AT-11 was a bombardier trainer.  The AT-7, also based on the Beech 18 was was used for navigator, not pilot, training.

Edited by JohnEB