Hi! Does anyone know the details (specs that are different from the other variants) for the F-16CM-50? I just couldn't find it on F-16 variants Wikipedia.  What does CM denote? Thanks in advance!

Edited by flybywire

I believe it’s an upgrade of block 50 C(J) that moved the HTS pod for shooting HARMS from the right side of intake to the left side and then added in the block 40 targeting pod capabilities onto the right side intake station where HTS was. 
That would match up with Hasegawa’s coming release of the CM-50 which provides a left side HTS pod and a Litening AT pod for the right side. 

Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) enabled the 40/42 & 50/52 to perform the wider range of F-16 missions. SEAD to 40/42 with the HTS and full A2G capabilities to the 50/52 that were previously Weasels only. The AF then removed the CG (40/42) and CJ (50/52) suffixes.
I'm watering it down, but between Fred's reply and mine, you hopefully get it. 

10 hours ago, Gary F said:

I believe it’s an upgrade of block 50 C(J) that moved the HTS pod for shooting HARMS from the right side of intake to the left side and then added in the block 40 targeting pod capabilities onto the right side intake station where HTS was. 
That would match up with Hasegawa’s coming release of the CM-50 which provides a left side HTS pod and a Litening AT pod for the right side. 

That's exactly where I got the block variant. 😄 Thanks!

Edited by flybywire
5 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) enabled the 40/42 & 50/52 to perform the wider range of F-16 missions. SEAD to 40/42 with the HTS and full A2G capabilities to the 50/52 that were previously Weasels only. The AF then removed the CG (40/42) and CJ (50/52) suffixes.
I'm watering it down, but between Fred's reply and mine, you hopefully get it. 

Thanks for your response!