F-22 Raptor AIM-120 missile tests

I just came across a 2014 article showing testing of AIM-120 missiles on outboard wing pylons on the F-22 Raptor: https://www.ausairpower.net/raptor.html

I know the F-22 can now be fitted with fuel tanks on the inboard wing pylons but I’d like to know if someone can identify the actual layout of the pylon setup in this photo from the article:

image.jpeg.bb5a4f93eeaf857d8e4fa529a24fa934.jpeg

Would it be safe to assume that they are the standard inboard tank pylons on the outboard store’s location with an additional same pylon with LAU-127 rails?

Grateful for any input.

Edited by Andrew Maverick Taylor
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Standard "main" pylons, which is connected to fuels tanks, is correct.

LAU-127 rail is also correct.  

But! There is an F-22 specific adapter between these two when you look closely at the photo you can see it. 

It’s the adapter between the LAU-127s that’s the difficult one to confirm.  There doesn’t seem to be anything common in the USAF inventory that is recognisable.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:43 PM, foxmulder_ms said:

LAU-127 rail is also correct.  

A small point. the LAU-127 is a Navy launcher and incorporates a nitrogen bottle in the aft end for use by their AIM-9Ms that causes a bulge on the sides of the launcher. It's clear from the photo that the launchers on the F-22 lack that bulge. That aside, it would make more sense to use the F-15's LAU-128 unless they've developed an F-22 unique launcher with new nomenclature. (I also discount the F-16's LAU-129 because of the way it mounts to their pylons/airframe.)

11 minutes ago, mrvark said:

A small point. the LAU-127 is a Navy launcher and incorporates a nitrogen bottle in the aft end for use by their AIM-9Ms that causes a bulge on the sides of the launcher. It's clear from the photo that the launchers on the F-22 lack that bulge. That aside, it would make more sense to use the F-15's LAU-128 unless they've developed an F-22 unique launcher with new nomenclature. (I also discount the F-16's LAU-129 because of the way it mounts to their pylons/airframe.)

Thanks for the correction.  I’m planning on building a 1/48 Raptor in this configuration and did buy a set of the LAU-128s after noticing the difference between the Navy/USAF ones.