In Praise of Small Hobby Shops

Hey All,

First off, let me say that I have no connection to the store I'm writing about...just a happy customer.

I have been looking for some time for the Zoukei Mura F-4G 3D Acrylic Instrument Panel set, but i could not find any shops or internet stores that had any of these, either identified as an item they carry, or identified as out of stock.  This morning, I tried an internet search yet again, and came up with a store I'd never noted before, Gael Hobbies.  Even though it appeared as if they may have actually had the item in stock, I figured, like several times before with other stores, that  they may just not have an updated inventory, so I wrote to their info line via e-mail.  I figured I might get a response in a week if at all, but was amazed, on a Sunday morning, to get a response in less than half an hour, stating they did, in fact, have one in stock.  Then, when I purchased the item, I got it for no tax and free shipping for this single item.  Amazing!  I just thought I'd pass on that sometimes we can find a gem of a shop other than the big ones that everyone knows about, and get great service and price.  My thanks for and to Gael Hobbies, and good luck to them!

Edited by Curt B
19 minutes ago, lockheed2004 said:

He probably means these, and they’re from Zoukei Mura

https://gaelhobbies.com/accessories/148-swop-f-4g-3d-acrylic-instrument-panels-set

Yes, that is exactly correct...my initial post, which, I just corrected, stated Great Wall Hobby when I meant Zoukei Mura/Red Fox.  Apologies.

The gentleman from the store who wrote me back so quickly and told me that they had one of these items in stock, and I immediately placed my order through their e-commerce mechanism, like I do for all my on-line purchases from any store.  So, if any of you are looking for this specific item, I don't think Gael Hobbies has any more of these  in stock at  the moment, but by all means, please verify that with them.  However, this wasn't really the point of my post, which was mostly to point out that I got a great response and a great deal for an item I'd been looking for for many months and not finding, at a store/shop that probably isn't on the radar of many modelers.  Maybe I should have provided a link to the store website, and I apologize for not doing that...thanks lockheed2004 for doing so.  

Edited by Curt B