Best MiG-15 in 48 scale

Who actually makes the best MiG-15 in quarter scale.... overall? As I was looking to acquire one, I realized that there are several companies making one now. Not sure which one to get, the Tamiya one is going for a fairly good price now that it's out of production, so made me start thinking if the other kits that are available are any better or worse? 

Edited by Robert Garelli
10 hours ago, Cat Barf said:

Here's a  link to a long thread on that subject from 2016:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/293128-which-is-the-best-148-mig-15/

Thanks, found a build blog from 2021 on the Bronco MiG-15 and the consensus looks to be that Bronco's kit is the better of the three current kits out; Tamiya, Trumpeter and Bronco. And since the Bronco kit is readily available and well priced going to get that one. 

here is the link to dai phan's build if interested;  

Hi all,

The companies that produce 1/48 Mig 15 are Hawk (Testors ), Trumpeter,  OEZ, Smer, Monogram, Tamiya and Hobby 2000. Hawk sufffered from outline issue, Trumpeter from fit, Monogram is oversized, Tamiya from wrong wing sweep, OEZ from crudeness and Hobby 2000 from inaccurate wing to fuselage fairing, frosty canopy, rough plastic texture, oversized tanks, wrong location of the antenna mast. So all have big issues. If you want ease of fit, then go for Tamiya ( easy choice). If you want the most accurate then either Trumpeter (but you have to deal with fit problems) or Hobby 2000.  If I were you I would choose the H2000. Dai 

IMG_9523.jpg.b5b2afab91b6dea613801eaddc29d287.jpg

Edited by dai phan

Hi dann, 

Thanks, I knew about the Testors kit and have built the Monogram kits a couple of times. I do have a Tamiya kit in storage and will end up building it once I can get find it in all the boxes I have. Once I read your build blog, I felt that the Bronco kit was the way to go. Thanks for your input, very much appreciated. And your build looks awesome, hope my comes out half as good as yours! 

Robert