1:350 SECOND PILOT...FAN FILM?

Here's a brief clip of my (It now belongs to James Cawley at the Star Trek Original Series Set Tour)1:350 SECOND pilot Enterprise. I lit, painted and detailed the model to reflect the 11' Filming model as it was seen in the second Pilot AND stock footage throughout the series. The model was filmed in front of a blue screen with the planet and stars added after. The slight "bleed through" is intentionally there as an homage to the original series. Then of course yours truly beams down to the planet surface to investigate.

It's kinda testing the waters for a possible Captain Pike(original Jeff Hunter version)Fan film.

I hope you guys can enjoy it!
Thanks.

Edited by Captain Han Solo
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, very impressive!

I really ought to commission you to build one for me!

Sadly, I'm old enough to recall the original series when it was on NBC.

I'd go over to my friend's house to watch it on their new color TV (we wouldn't get one for another year).

So, I'd sit there watching Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock...and enjoying the stock clips of the Enterprise.

At the other send of the sectional couch was my friend's dad.  Like mine, he was an Air Force officer...only he had the distinction of being one of the Doolittle Raiders of WWII fame. 

Being a aviation history buff, I thought of the juxtaposition I was experiencing...

a bit of a time warp.