Online Store Product Availability

Does anyone else here find it annoying that Scalehobbyist and Spruebrothers carry different lines? I've found AK and MRP as my replacements for Modelmaster, but each one has exclusive retailers, so to stock I have to order from both, and with shipping rates being so high, I end up ordering more than I prefer.   I'm starting to miss the days when I could run to my local retailer and pick up some FS colors easily.

Nope, don't find it annoying at all. It costs a lot for a retailer to bring in an entire paint line, and keep inventory up to date. And as for local retailers going out of business, well that's just how the market is responding, and again it's difficult for a retailer to bring in lines of products that are definitely niche markets. For example, I ONLY buy MRP if I can't find the paint shade I want from other suppliers. Mr Color is my go to paint, whereas others prefer MRP. And since you live in the US, like me, I will mention Super Hobby in Poland has the complete MRP line in stock and shipping rates are very reasonable from Poland compared to other countries. Last order for 10 bottles of MRP from Super Hobby cost me $4.50 for shipping. Factor in sales tax (which you don't pay) it's cheaper for me to buy from Super Hobby than US stockists. 

Edited by modelingbob

Also, shipping cost are not on the suppliers, USPS, UPS etc set those.   Also, some paints have to go ground HAZMAT which also makes the cost different.   

As @modelingbob says, some overseas dealers, Super Hobby and Exito carry various paint lines.  As long as you are not in a super hurry for them, they can be ordered for a reasonable price with shipping.  Just don't expect in a few days.