F-15 Fans Will Probably Enjoy This

Tomcat fans, not so much maybe.  I posted this in a flight sim forum too, but I think people here might enjoy it as well.

This is a clip from a discussion with a former F-15 pilot, and I'm sure he's biased, but I still think the info is very interesting - real insights into tactics and technical aspects of air combat. There's a whole series of videos from this interview, so just go to the channel to see them all.

https://youtu.be/ihXixbz0OMc

Its always the man in the box. Every pilot should defend his community and airframe to the death.

Listen to the latest Tug Wilson episodes. RAF guy on USMC f18 exchange. He has many great stories about the F15s and it doesn't exactly paint them as the Supreme machine. 

Thanks, I did see one clip from that, where he talked about going to Elmendorf in Alaska in the '90s.  He said he'd never lost to an F-15, but I wasn't sure if he meant in WVR or overall.  In the story he tells, he seemed more focused on the pilot than the plane, and he actually kind of cheated (acting like his radio was out to throw him off), so I wasn't sure how well that really represented combat between the F/A-18 and an F-15. 

I'll have to go back and watch more of his interview to see if there's more info.  He did say he kind of dreaded going up against F-16s, which I thought was interesting.  The F-15 pilot said something similar.

He says he never lost 1 v 1 to an f15. However bvr he said they are exceptional. 

Cheating is trying. The f15s at times would stack the odds so far in their favor he describes the exercise as the "f15 benefit concert". 

The ten percent true podcast is by far the best military aviation podcast in my opinion. Steve ask very insightful questions and has access to incredible guests. Paco Geisler for instance.