FOUND! Thanks Fury! LF 1/48 Czech Model FJ-1 Canopy

I just received a 2nd hand kit today and to my great disappointment,  the canopy was missing. The ad did say 'Appears Complete, Sold as is' so I guess it can't be returned.   That said, I need to find a replacement.  I read that the kit normally comes with 2 vac canopies.  I tried to see if Czech Model has a replacement part option but they must not be in business anymore since I couldn't find a site. If anyone has the leftover canopy, please contact me to see what we can work out. 

Thanks, 

Gary 

Edited by fasteagle12
17 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

If all else fails, you could try to get your hands on a Squadron F-82 canopy set and modify it to fit.   The outline looks very similar to the P-51H and F-82.

Thanks Don..  I've looked at the Squadron canopies that you referenced, and they may be able to be used, but before that, I'm getting a Mustang kit canopy and see if they're even close, lengthwise.  I also have a possible line on an early F-86 that may be closer.  Of course, that best and first option is to see if someone has a leftover from the Czech Model kit, since it came with 2 so I'm still looking for one of those.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, fasteagle12 said:

Thanks Don..  I've looked at the Squadron canopies that you referenced, and they may be able to be used, but before that, I'm getting a Mustang kit canopy and see if they're even close, lengthwise.  I also have a possible line on an early F-86 that may be closer.  Of course, that best and first option is to see if someone has a leftover from the Czech Model kit, since it came with 2 so I'm still looking for one of those.

Thanks again!

That depends on what you mean by "close"...

FJ vs. P-51.jpg

14 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

That depends on what you mean by "close"...

FJ vs. P-51.jpg

Thanks..that's kinda what I thought.   I guess I won't be getting the Mustang kit out.

I managed to pick up a fairly inexpensive early F-86 kit. The canopy looks close but the windshield isn't. That said, I'm still in search of a leftover Czech Model kit canopy. 

Edited by fasteagle12
  • 1 month later...

Hey Fasteagle- I ended up Picking up one of these kits from a show and mine is missing the instructions and decals -  Everything Else is there and bagged including the two canopies and all the resin.  I paid $20 if you want it for that.  Between the two kits (as long as you don't jack up the canopy - fingers crossed) you would have everything to build two options I think - let me know in IM

• fasteagle12 changed the title to FOUND! Thanks Fury! LF 1/48 Czech Model FJ-1 Canopy