Vought interwar biplanes

G’day all,

I’m hoping someone out here in the community might have some idea where any kind of scale drawings could be found and any other references for the vought SBU-1 and the Vought UO-1. I would like to take a shot at scratch building both of these guys in 1/72. As far as I can tell the UO-1 has never been kitted in any form at all and the only 1/72 SBU I am aware of is the old esoteric vac kit that I have been trying unsuccessfully to find for at least ten years now.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

Another idea...although a bit of a long shot to research.

I would wager there were drawings in model aircraft (stick and tissue) magazines of the day. Bought was a major producer, so they might be featured.

Also, the Cleveland Model Company still sells plans.

I went to their website and they have sections for scale (Their "primary" line)

and flying ("Secondary" product line)

Plans. They have three different plans for the Corsair biplane.

https://clevelandairline.com/Products.aspx

Finally, there is a Vought museum group of retired employees. They have restored Vought aircraft. They may have something for you.

Likewise, the New England Air Museum (near the old Vought factory) is likely to have something, I think they have the company archives.

Good luck.

Thanks very much for the link, and the tip about the New England air museum. I just checked out their website they’ve got a couple of proper oddballs there. And I will shoot an email to them and inquire about the Vought archives.