DISREGARD**** LF 1/48 F-5A Decals ****SOURCED

I have a pair of Classic Airframes 1/48 F-5A Feedom Fighter kits but no decals for either one.   I purchased these kits used knowing they had no decals.   I am trying to locate either the Caracal CD48015 Northrop F-5A Caracal Models CD48015 - Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter or the Wolfpack F-5A/C Skoshi Tiger decals F-5A/C Skoshi Tiger USAF & South Vietnam AF in the Vietnam War, Wolfpack WD48004 (scalemates.com).

Would prefer USAF Skoshi Tiger markings but would definitely take VNAF markings as well.   Will buy or trade.

Edited by Drifterdon
13 hours ago, AFammo said:

I have the version with the tiger head, you can have. When I can find the right box.

Is it a decal for the F-5E with the tiger on the nose or is it Skoshi Tiger with just USAF camo plane?   

I'm looking for decals for the USAF F-5A version.    I guess I could cobble together something from the spares box if need be.

I think its from the F-5B boxing. I looked where my F-5's were kept and could not find them. I 'll check my spare decal stash. 

I grew up in Colorado Springs. Where area do you live. I lived closer to the Academy, where my dad coached football at the AFA Prep School.

Good place to live and great scenery!

I'll have an answer about the decals this weekend. 

14 hours ago, AFammo said:

I think its from the F-5B boxing. I looked where my F-5's were kept and could not find them. I 'll check my spare decal stash. 

I grew up in Colorado Springs. Where area do you live. I lived closer to the Academy, where my dad coached football at the AFA Prep School.

Good place to live and great scenery!

I'll have an answer about the decals this weekend. 

I was stationed on the Academy for two tours.   Lived in Pine Valley Housing for many years before we bought a house in the Briargate area.   We still miss living up on the Academy.   And you are so right, the Springs is a great place to live.   Love looking out and seeing Pikes Peak every day and the gorgeous sunsets.

When were you here?

78 to 86, I left for the Air Force in 1986 from Denver. My Pastor has a house in that area.

I was off of Dublin and N. Academy DR, just south of the mall. Love watching the fireworks being shot off Pikes Peak on the 4th and New Years! I was in AMMO and a C-141B Starlifter Crew Chief. You can tell what the rest of my career was after retirement. I was a medical retirement from my department in PA. 

6 hours ago, AFammo said:

78 to 86, I left for the Air Force in 1986 from Denver. My Pastor has a house in that area.

I was off of Dublin and N. Academy DR, just south of the mall. Love watching the fireworks being shot off Pikes Peak on the 4th and New Years! I was in AMMO and a C-141B Starlifter Crew Chief. You can tell what the rest of my career was after retirement. I was a medical retirement from my department in PA. 

We just missed each other.   I was first stationed at the Academy in 86 as an SP.   I then left for a year in Korea and then went back to the Adademy in 92.   When I retrained into Comm/Computers, I was stationed at Peterson until I retired.  I was accused of homesteading.   Can you blame me?

What a small world.  I live up off Dublin and Union.

Me and my brother would hang (ask a butch of questions) out with the SP's at the games.

I was pulled over (65-45) that year coming down the hill from the commissary. Must have called the front gate to have me wait for the cruiser.

After my second retirement I moved to New England from Harrisburg, PA. It was a hole. Don't live where I worked. My family moved away from Colorado. All on the East Coast.

Didn't want to travel to far. Might take a train out there.  

7 hours ago, AFammo said:

Me and my brother would hang (ask a butch of questions) out with the SP's at the games.

I was pulled over (65-45) that year coming down the hill from the commissary. Must have called the front gate to have me wait for the cruiser.

After my second retirement I moved to New England from Harrisburg, PA. It was a hole. Don't live where I worked. My family moved away from Colorado. All on the East Coast.

Didn't want to travel to far. Might take a train out there.  

I laugh about it now but I did 10 seasons of working Falcon Football games.   Everything from traffic control to crowd control to command and control.   At first I hated working these games and the Falcons but then figured there's no way I was getting out of is so I just made the best of it and grew to love watching the Falcons. 

The only time I've ever been back east was to visit my son when he was stationed at Andrews or on business trips.

On 2/24/2024 at 1:28 AM, AFammo said:

I just liked the fly overs and the falcon demo and that one flew away. Stay safe. and I'll be on the look out.

The year you all got the pursuit Mustangs was cool.

I think the pursuit Mustang was brought down from Woodland Park PD.  We had a couple reservists that worked full time with their PD and would bring the Mustang down now and then.   Sure wasn't any room in them for other than just the driver (officer).

It was marked like the other SP cars on the Academy. About the same room, as when my first department with the Impala. I had just enough room to sit comfortably. The suspect had to sit sideways. 

82237d08fd6917988e7e6cb399447b2c.jpg

Maybe a promo going on? Oh , I found the decals I was talking about in my F-4S box, why would it be there? 

Let me know if you want them, they are yours.P_20240303_012831.thumb.jpg.e588722de1944cbec2d1982586f1bb39.jpg

10 hours ago, AFammo said:

Maybe a promo going on? Oh , I found the decals I was talking about in my F-4S box, why would it be there? 

Let me know if you want them, they are yours.P_20240303_012831.thumb.jpg.e588722de1944cbec2d1982586f1bb39.jpg

I have a set of those decals with one of my F-5E kits.   I'm looking for F-5A which were a little different.   Thank you though sir!

Hi Drifter Don,

I have a set of decals from the old Classic Airframe F-5A kit that has USAF, VNAF and Spanish AF markings.  The decals are complete with the exception of a few red circles for the Spanish Markings.  Send me your mailing address and I will get them in the mail if interested.

Thanks,

Jeff Newton

Simpsonville, SC

2 hours ago, CardsFan said:

Hi Drifter Don,

I have a set of decals from the old Classic Airframe F-5A kit that has USAF, VNAF and Spanish AF markings.  The decals are complete with the exception of a few red circles for the Spanish Markings.  Send me your mailing address and I will get them in the mail if interested.

Thanks,

Jeff Newton

Simpsonville, SC

Hi Jeff.   PM sent.   

• 1 month later...
  • Drifterdon changed the title to DISREGARD**** LF 1/48 F-5A Decals ****SOURCED