Hello dear friends,

I have Kinetic F/A-18C kit from Gold series,box "Royal Maces".

And I don't like paint scheme in the box, but I could not get other box of that kit.I want to make representation of aircraft that flown in VMFA-115 "Silver Eagles" Marines.

I have buyed fantastic set of decals from Flying Leathernecks and there is paint scheme for two aicrafts from that Marine sq. VMFA-115.

I like that blue,white and red line on vertical stabilazers and shadows profile of eagle too.But in instruction manual of decals says that there is specific markings for F/A-18A+ variant.

Also, I have Eduards brassin SJU-17, but there is written that this specific two aircrafts from the set had SJU-5/6.

Question for experts is:

1.) Can I make A+ variant from C variant, and did these aircrafts eventualy get SJU-17?

2.) Would it be wrong to make them with that ejection seat, and does cockpit of C variant can be used to present A+ variant?

3.) Did airframe had any deferences betwean these two variants etc... ?

4.) Can I use exact markings and serial numbers, 163167 and 163162, from that set to present aircraft who had eventualy SJU-17?

5.) Do, Marine F/A-18A/C have stencils on pylons?If do, who makes them in 1/48, and where to buy them.Kinetic kit is naked gun, so one needs a lot of money to make decent kit.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Mustang381

Instrument panel and exterior details would be the same as that found on an F/A-18A. 

GPS Dome, swept back upper and lower UHF/VHF antenna, AN/APX-111 antenna on nose, SJU-5/6

Both aircraft, 163167 and 163162, got upgraded to F/A-18A++ and got the SJU-17, but several years after their OIF deployment (which the markings on the decal sheet depict)