Hill AFB had F-16C Block 50s?

It was extremely early in the block 50 production. '92, maybe? The 4FS was going to be a dedicated block 50 squadron, than the plans were changed. The aircraft came straight from the factory to the 4FS. I don't know exactly how many actually were painted up, but I'd guess that around at least 10 were.

Jake

I was there during 93-95 and the 4th had block 50's The entire squadron was painted.

If you've got any pictures, I'd love to see them. Or, better yet, trade you for them.

Jake

Since I work around them everyday, I didn't take any pics. I guess I have taken for granted what I see everyday. Sorry

dad said the same thing when I asked him about photographs of A-10s at Myrtle Beach, F-4s at Clark and Udorn. Would have been a goldmine of reference pics :rolleyes:

While I was looking at one of my books today, I noticed something I never noticed before - and I had my book all this time. At first, the absence of the WAR HUD caught my attention, and a quick stop at F-16.net confirmed my assumption that these are indeed F-16CJs.

Edited by Iron Eagle

Greg, I bought this book back in Germany when it was on sale for 19,95DM. It doesn't have too many detail shots, but rather overall presentations of various USAF aircrafts as of 1997, including some interesting SR-71, U-2, QF-106, and E-3 shots. The pictures are very high quality, and there is a section dedicated to the 1997 USAF 50-year anniversary celebration at Nellis AFB.

• 11 months later...

The 4 FS "Fightin´Fujins" won the 1993 "Gunsmoke" competition with these Block-50s Also participating then were "CO" ANG with their newly received Block-30s from the de-activating 401 TFW at Torrejon AB, Spain and "NM" with Block-40s and Ramstein´s 86 FW with then newly acquired Block-40s.

Greetings,

Henrik.

Oohh, Iron Eagle, those were the days. I went to Spangdahlem AB, Germany, just before they traded off their F-4Gs, as well as their Block-30 F-16s. So much has changed since, then You could stand outside the fence at Spang mid way down the runway and just "absorb" everything that happend on the base. I sure miss that :blink: