Fw190D-9 - Hasegawa 1/32

Hi all,

not a big step today, even after several hours work since last post... Lengthy process !

I did apply a few more stencils & markings, some with EagleCals EC#60, and some others from Dora dry transfers (HobbyDecal). Then, I did apply a dark grey oil wash (heavily thinned in lighter fuel) on left fuselage flank and tail, which I did wipe out thoroughly with a clean rag and for some very light colored parts, with a rag dampened in thinner, so that only recessed lines and rivet holes were left with dark wash.

190D9-82.jpg

190D9-83.jpg

Note on this :

- A few recessed lines will be cleaned again so that lines are not too darkly contrasted

- A big work session with pastels powders will be done later to enhance the weathering

- The long cockpit decking behind seat is not yet glued to fuselage

First, I need to apply the same wash on right fuselage flank and on some parts of wings upper sides.

Regards,

Chris

THanks guys :thumbsup:

and here is a new pic :

next step : left fuselage side has been enhanced with some more pastel powder (dark gray), in order to display more or less some structural lines. Some careful rubbing with MicroMesh 8000 was done to smooth all and to better show a few rivet lines. Then, all was aibrushed with a flat clear coat (Aircraft Colors) and canoy mobile part was unmasked.

I will not unmask windscreen right now, I still need to weather right fuselage side before that.

190D9-84.jpg

Then I will also need to add engine exhausts stains.