Harrier Gr.5 Hasegawa 1:72

So, was oce was started as a build to overcome the time between christmas and new years evening, was finished today :lol:

It's the Hasegawa Gr.5 in 1:72 scale. I build it mainly oob, just some minor scratchbuilding in the cockpit area was involved. The decals provided by the kit were just perfect for me, as they depict an Harrier of the RAF Germany. So I used them, and they were very good.

For the main colors I used Xtracolor for the first time. Looking good, and are easy to work with. The white parts were done with Tamiya flat white. I did some minor weathering to the landing gear as they seem to be always dirty...

I did not do any scratch building to do a "real" Gr.5, as I had no real idea were to put all the lumps and bumps. Nevermind, I made enough mistakes. The white of the intakes is overdone, should end furtherdown the intake, and the droptanks are misaligned. I always have problems with this, does anyone has a solution?

The noozles were weathered with orange and blue Crayola water based paint. Somebody here postet the instructions for this, and it looks like the real thing. :lol: to the unknown ARC member for providing this tip. So, now it's up to you to find more mistakes I have done :lol:

:lol:

Patrick

I did not do any scratch building to do a "real" Gr.5, as I had no real idea were to put all the lumps and bumps. Nevermind, I made enough mistakes. The white of the intakes is overdone, should end furtherdown the intake, and the droptanks are misaligned. I always have problems with this, does anyone has a solution?

To align tanks you can drill very tiny holes in the tank and pylon and use thin wire stuck in each hole to create a plug. The glue can gradually set but the tank is held in the correct position by the wire plug.

Nice model and I like the Nato/Litchen green combination.