AC-130U Spooky II

A long time ago I found a guy in AUstria who managed to find a stash of bankrupt stock, among the chaff was a load of the big AMT kits, thats where all my B-52 and *C-135* models come from, among them was a couple of AC-130U's and 3 AC-130H kits.

The Airfix AC-130H wasnt bad if you dont mind the hard plastic they use but the wings can suffer droop if you dont fix the fusalage halfs together properly, as to accuracy, it looked ok to me, about the same as the real deal when I saw them at Mildenhall Air fete.

The AC-130U was a good kit too, it was close to what was at Mildenhall in the late 90s.

It would be possable to convert the Italier C-130E/H model to an AC-130H as long as you have the Airfix kit to use as a guide, the wings are a lot better but it does have raised panel lines.

I often wonder how all my AFSOC Charlie one thirties are doing after all this time of not seeing them, still boxed up in my parents loft I hope.

Shame Flightpath have never looked at the AC-130 models.

All you can do is use the common C-130 PE sheet on them, but they do look better with a little detail from that sheet.

• 4 weeks later...