Hello guys.

Here are some pictures of an not too recent build of mine. I'm a MiG-21 fan but I wanted to put the inaccuracies issues aside and build a good ol' Matchbox kit.

The MF/bis Matchbox kit release follow their first MiG-21 kit (boxart: An NMF MiG-21 PF/PFM on a runway). In the old release, the fuselage was 1 - 1.5 cm too long and the canopy was badly mishapen. Matchbox retooled the fuselage and canopy parts to change the version depicted but that's all: Nothing to hang under the wing, there's only a centerline tank to stick under the fuselage. Still, it can be turned into a nice little deskmodel. I looks like a MiG-21... if you're a few feets away :lol:

Self criticisms about my build:

- Forgot to put the pilot in the cockpit :unsure:

- Green oversprays

- The sand-yellow should be more "sandish"

Feel free to make any comments.

DSC01555.JPG

Edited by Laurent
I like what I see and are'nt those stands sorely missed!!

Hello, oh Great Matchbox Master !

Thanks the comment. I really miss too the stands. Where am I going to put the Mirage on ?!?! :unsure:

I like what I see and are'nt those stands sorely missed!!

Hello, oh Great Matchbox Master !

Thanks the comment. I really miss too the stands. Where am I going to put the Mirage on ?!?! :thumbsup:

Hannants is your friend (but not your wallets). They're from Humbrol, though, with Airfix logos.

Edited by hatchet