Does anyone think I will get done? One week to go!

They are the 1/48 Hasegawa A-4M - I added the CE A-4M conversion cockpit parts (for the A-4E) to it. They parts fit like a glove. I've spent a few days sanding and rescribing. The wing is about to go on.

The other kit is the 1/48 Hornet with the BB cockpit and Verlinden seat (best seat for a CF-18). As you can see it still needs allot of work.

Take note how I contructed the bottom half of the CF-18s fuselage. This is the only way to properly line up those parts. Do not assemble the kit as per the instructions.

Sorry for the crappy images. When I have more time I will post better ones.

I posted it with todays Edmonton Journal so the Alberta people know I am not joshing them next week about my progress.

That's last weeks Journal!

Just kidding. :worship:

Good luck on the kits, you certainly have your work cut out for you this weekend. I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be able to make it to the show next weekend.

Cheers,

Does anyone think I will get done? One week to go!

Gary,

Go, go, go, go,go,go. Safe journey down for all you guys. The RMMC gang is looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

Tom

Hey Scooby,

Do you mind explaining your assembly techniques for that Hasegawa Hornet?? I'm looking for any tips...would these same techniques apply to their F/A-18B as well???

Thanks!

Basically assemble the bottom half of the fuselage first. So this includes the splitter plates, intakes, and side fuselage pieces. This ensures proper alignment of all these parts and allow for easier clean up.

If you followed the Hasegawa instructions they have you glueing the top and bottom fuselage together and then all these parts are added later. At this point it is much more akward and it will cause fit issues.

Yes, it pertains to the F-18B as well.