Removing AS-12 BMF: How?

Hello Folks,

How to remove Tamiya's AS-12 Bare Metal Finish spray can paint?

Please, try to use the generic name instead of brands, as they will not be available where I live.

Any help is welcome.

Regards,

Flores

:woot.gif:

A few methods you can try:

1) lacquer thinner

2) automtovie brake fluid (soak)

3) household bleach (soak)

4) spray on oven cleaner (soak) WARNING: might attach plastic if soaked too long

I have succesfully removed all types of paint with spray on oven cleaner. Just spray it on thick, let it sit for about an hour in a well ventilated place, then wipe off. I usually use an old toothbrush to remove the paint, but it can leave tiny micro-scratches; this is not a problem usually, but you may want to use an soft rag. Repeated applications of the oven cleaner may be needed, but it does work very well. By the way; wear some household cleaning gloves when scrubbing the paint off as the oven cleaner is an irritant. I had a bad experience with not wearing gloves!

HPH,

Shawn

Polly Scale Paint & Decal Remover is heads above anything else I've use to remove old paint. It works or enamel or acrylic, but I can't say how it might work on lacquer paint.

Do not use lacquer thinner, unless you wish to melt your model! Oven cleaner and brake fluid are cautic, but will work, use care in handling.

Caz

Straight cloudy ammonia works every time!

Hello madmike,

Thanks for your msg.

If I'm not asking too much, what do you mean by "cloudy ammonia"? :lol:

The "ammonia" you buy on drugstores?

Rgds,

Flores

Supermarkets will sell it in their cleaning and household products section. We buy it in 2 litre containers here in Australia.

:worship:

MikeJ