Thanks Mandrake. I presume these colors are an Israeli invention (after capture)?

The stripes/bands are almost certainly an Israel adition, no doubt added at the same time as the roundel and the new serial code.

This is a profile of the same aircraft (534) in Iraqi AF markings as it would of appeared during the defection:

iraf_mig-21f-13_534.jpg

I seem to recall that "007" was given more than one scheme whilst in the hands of the Israeli but can't find the pics. Bilek actually gives a decal option for the aircraft in a two tone desert scheme.

HTH

scalemdlr_svaz,

I have picture of '534' in original Iraqi markings in what I pressume is an Israeli Hanger shortly after defection.

It was discovered last night in an old mag issue. If you would like it please pass on your e-mail address and I will try to find some time to scan it this week.

scalemdlr_svaz,

I have picture of '534' in original Iraqi markings in what I pressume is an Israeli Hanger shortly after defection.

It was discovered last night in an old mag issue. If you would like it please pass on your e-mail address and I will try to find some time to scan it this week.

excellent! please send. thanks!

scalemdlr_svaz@yahoo.com

That red trim on the Israeli Mig-21 is a real eye catcher. Does anyone have a picture of it showing the top and/or bottom of the wings and horizontal stabs. That paint scheme would make a fantastic model if you could do the wings/tail correctly.

Darwin