Revell Boeing 767-300

Hi

Being new to Airliner modelling and having just purchased Revell's kit of the B767-300 from Manchester Airport Uk avation shop.I would like to know if the kit is correct as I heard that the engines are incorrect? Can anyone advise me on this.

Thanks

Mark Griffiths

OK, I'm going to assume (there's a bad word) that you have the KLM 767-300, since that's the one I have.

As with all models there is some missing details because you can't reproduce some things as small as our models are. But to ask if the engines are correct, they are if you want to build a Pratt & Whitney PW4060 powered machine. Having said that, they will also pass for General Electric CF6 engines. (Pop quiz boys: how do you tell the difference from this kit?) If you want to model a Rolls Royce machine from say British Airways, then you need completely different nacells. You can get aftermarket engines if you really want to from Braz.

Some other things to note are:

-passenger door/overwing exit configuration: Many 767s had different exits set- ups so you may have to change/rescribe new doors.

-forward cargo door: there are two sizes of doors. This kit has the small one.

Of course there are even more differences from the -200 series airplane, not the least of which is fuselage length.

If you have a specific airline you want to model, go to airliners.net to check out the exact details.

Happy Landings

The current Revell issue has markings for Gulf Air and SAS, if I remember correctly the kit includes 2 engine types a set of PW4060's which are fine for the Gulf Air machine and also a set of RB211's which are suitable for a BA aircraft despite there being no decals for this. If you want to build the SAS aircraft you will need a set of CF-6's from Braz Models (Hannants usually have these).

I am building a SAS machine and have another unstarted that will be a BA aircraft with decals from F-Dcal, they have 2 or 3 sheets for BA aircraft (again available from Hannants)

The kit itself is very nice and the wing to fuselage join is so good you can build the wings and fusealge as separate items including painting and decalling them join them with not a hint of filler reqd!! A rare thing indeed.

DC10Oillers comments aree also very true regarding the emergency exits, check your references carefully, also window layouts vary, to accurately build the SAS aircraft I had to fill 4 windows on each side and create 4 new ones.

Enjoy this kit even out of the box it's a joy to build, and I can also recommend Revell's 737-800 and the A319/320/321 kits, especially the A319.

Eng :wave:

My 767-300 model came with two sets of engines, one Pratt-ish and the other looking suspiciously like a Rolls engine. Whatever, there are also GE engines for the 767 available from Braz. If you're going to Hannants, I believe they also carry the Braz line. The 767 CF engines I have for a future conversion look quite nice, and include the pylons.

Robert