Active duty and Air Guard pilots train on F/A-22

Guest mr. tomcat

This is going to be quite interesting. I can see it now, an ANG NCO wearing a six pack with handles arrives for his drill weekend and takes over a shop for three days and/or two weeks a year. My old boss was a SMS and he used to come back from drill and brag about kicking fulltimer *** while pulling drill. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Dave

We are training LtCol "SumYung" Guy as we speak...

More Guard pilots will be on the way as the timeline progresses. The program is exactly the same, they are completing the same syllabus as any of the active duty pilots.

-Waco

now that's the best callsign I've heard in a while...

Slater,

There have been combined units for a while now. The transports have done it for quite a few years, and the Training Command since the late 90's. The fighter world has also had similar programs at a few bases for the last several years. The big difference is that these associate units were part of the Air Force Reserve, not the Guard. Things get weird (legally) in the chain of command when you combine a Guard unit and an active duty one, because the Guard unit (unless activated) belongs to the state. They are still wrestling with what to do about that. In addition, Langley also has a Reserve unit flying F-15's (the plan for this week is to eventually have 2 F-22 squadrons and 1 F-15 squadron here), so theoretically one could have active duty, Guard, and Reserve units all in the same wing. That could lead to some interesting situations.

Regards,

Murph