cutting edge 109k

Supposedly the access door on that side of the fuselage in the R/M/PM kit wasn't accurate (who goes around measuring these things anyway?) so this fuselage half has the right shape for the door.

BWAHAHA---correcting the over inflated wallet--that's too good. Too true as well.

One of the defining features of the 109-k was the access door, which was repositioned forward one panel, and above rather than below the fuselage center line. I would say that a new fuselage side correctly positions that access door.

In addition, a -K might display outer gear doors, but they were left off many birds. Also, the tail wheel retracted, and also displayed doors. Again, those doors might not be attached. In case of the wheel door situation, it is always nice to have pics of the bird you wish to duplicate. brgds, Hal :thumbsup::cheers::wave:

The Revellogram 109 is a G-10...but Revell has marketed it as a K-4 a few times....

The Revell kit holds it own,.....I would get it and just add a cockpit and new canopy....

There are more differences in K-4 fuselage when compared to G-10:

1.The Mutterkompass acces hatch is missing (with compass relocated back in the fuselage)

2.The fuel filler acces pannels are located forward one section

3.The DF Loop antena is located one section backwards

4.There is no oxygen filler acces point

5.The radio-room acces door is located one section forward

6.The tail wheel doors and it's well and here note the K-4 W.Nr. the 330 xxx - 332 xxx batch seems to have the outer wheel doors (main and tailwheel) not installed with tailwheel blocked. Messerschmitts built in 1945 seems to have it installed - 333 xxx- 335 xxx batch (it's simplified info, there is photographic evidence that some of 334 xxx batch A/C had tailwheel on short strut without retract mechanism)

I do not know what is really that conversion for but one is for sure - one half of fuselage do not solve the conversion problem :cheers:

...the easiest, cheapest and most funny way!

Of course, the Revell's G-10 could be converted, Hasegawa's G-10 could be coverted even easier ...

Fujimi's Gustav kit as far as I remember is the "smartest" kit - they have prepared all necessary surface details for all Gustav / Kurfurst versions :thumbsup:

Kuba

Edited by Kuba Plewka