RN Seaking HAS.5

Just a quick pic of the fuselage halves of my HAS.5 with some additional detailing. It's all pretty much artistic license as not too much will be that visible when complete, but the crew and main door will be open so I wanted the interior to look busy. Loads still to do, the half with the main door needs the insulation to be completed similar to the l/h side and then some careful painting/shading and some more detailing.

Eng :cheers:

Just a quick pic of the fuselage halves of my HAS.5 with some additional detailing. It's all pretty much artistic license as not too much will be that visible when complete, but the crew and main door will be open so I wanted the interior to look busy. Loads still to do, the half with the main door needs the insulation to be completed similar to the l/h side and then some careful painting/shading and some more detailing.

Eng :cheers:

How many cherry bakewells did that take?

Looking good :banana:

Stephen

The "insulation blankets" are made by using a fairly thick but flexible foil (the bottom part of cake/flan/quiche trays is very good, but all the cakes have left me fatter than when I started the project!! <_< ).

All I did was used a ruler and a semi sharp point to score the lines in one direction diagonally across the foil then in the opposite direction to give a diamond pattern. The foil will curl up but don't worry it flattens out without losing the effect. I then used dividers to get the size I needed to fit in between the frames/stringers and cut the reqd size piece of foil and simply super-glued it in place. Once painted, and a wash added I'm hoping it will look quite effective.

Eng