title says it all. I have a Hase E-4 kit but a profile and decals for an E-3 with the E-4 style canopy. What other differences are there and would I be better off just doing it as an E-4 and buying an E-3 kit for my other profile and decals? Thanks

Your good to go...I have the "Galland" boxing of the 1/48th Hasegawa Emil on the table and the only difference is the canopy..Hasegawa uses the same metal P.E. fret for both versions...I've had the kit in both versions before and don't remember ever seeing any other style armor headrest offered...

Ok guys, so whats the difference between an E1 and E3 or 4

Several of the planes I'm interested in are E1's

and what happened to the E2 ?

Pete

PS anyone used WhiteEnsign Luftwafffe colours, and what are they

like ?

The major difference between a E-1 and a E-3 is wing armament. The E-1 had two 7.7 MM machine guns in the wing. The E-3 was upgunned with 2 20MM cannon's in the wing, these had bigger feeds so bulges were added to the bottom and the barrels were located farther out on the wing.

Kitwise you have 2-3 options for a E-1 in 1/48th scale

1st is the Hasegawa Bf 109E-1, this is their standard E-3 with resin inserts to replace the cannon bulges on the underside of the wing..you have to cut the bulges off.

Option #2 is the Hobbycraft Bf 109E-1 (or E-3), Hobbycraft molded the cannon bulges as seperate pieces, so all you have to do is fill in the hole on the wings for the cannon barrel and drill the mg openings a couple MM inside of that...if you do that i have diagrams I can send you,

3rd choice is a kitbash with the Hobbycraft and Hasegawa kits, use the Hobbycraft wing on the Hasegawa kit. This is how I'm thinking of doing a E-1 someday, it gives you the option of using the Hasegawa kit as the main kit, canopy parts are better on their versions..

The E-2 was a experiment in the cannon nosed armament that didn't work....few made and never saw service...

Doc
but I just wanted to say your banner looks so cool !

what the F4 Phantom ? ;)

CrazyD

thanks for the info, just what I was after, could send the

diagram as I want to do at least one E1

petewenma@btinternet.com

Thanks

Pete

email inbound Pete

Doc
but I just wanted to say your banner looks so cool !

what the F4 Phantom ? ;)

CrazyD

thanks for the info, just what I was after, could send the

diagram as I want to do at least one E1

petewenma@btinternet.com

Thanks

Pete

Hey Pete, my emails are kicking back...

Should'nt be that hard...just remove the cannon bulge, fill in the hole with sheet stock, finsh the oval on that panel and touch up the shell ejector port and your good to go..look forward to see it :)