Navy Wing/Fuselage Walkways

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what color would generally be used for Navy aircraft wing walkways? I know the colors can vary all over from a lighter gray to almost black. Does anyone have any suggestions for one good color that would represent these walkways? This would be for a gull gray/white Navy plane. I was thinking maybe a dark gull gray or dark ghost gray. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Dave

Love those bananas' :wave: B)

Depends on the actual plane, as there is no hard and fast rule.

On an F-4 Phantom, if the plane you're building has grey walkways, they would be FS36118.

If they're black, use you favorite black.

Can't say for a Tomcat, or other Navy planes. I would 'assume' the same.

Regardless of color, you may want to add a few drops of white to lighten or "fade" the paint.

HTH

Edited by smithery

Thanks for the replies and help. It’s an A-7 and I looked at some reference photos of the plane I’m doing and there appears to be no walkway on the fuselage present in the photos. It does show a dark gray walkway on the horizontal stabilizers, so I’ll go with your recommendations. Thanks for your help! :rofl: