French Navy Rafale

Hi everyone

I recently bought the Revell 1/48 Navy Rafale, which includes the hi-viz navy roundels and warning triangles. I've noted from recent photos that they have been greyed down, in particular the roundels are barely visable. Does anyone know of any decal companies that produce the toned down markings?

Thanks

Herky

:unsure:

The roundels have always been lo-vis on in-service aircraft, but unfortunately, no decal company has done markings for production Rafales. The kit decals are pretty far off in a number of areas (roundel size and colours, marine size and colours, etc), though to be fair, they were entirely speculative when the kit was released. The Dassault demo jet markings are fine, though, IIRC.

Also, if you are building your Rafale as an in-service jet, you'll have to add the chaff buckets on either side of the tail:

image-007.JPG

edit for a better shot

Edited by MoFo

Zotz has the artwork for 1-10 Rafale M 12F. It's only a matter of time :whistle:

skyraider

BTW: The tone down is difficult to print, so you'll have to do it yourself with a light mist of FS36320 (mixed with clear). This is also better, as you know: Your FS36320 isn't exactly mine FS36320.