Regarding prep for painting

Ok, I am learning to watersand parts to get them ready for paint........progressively finer grits.....looks good to the eye with all the putty and plastic surfaces sanded...then when I shoot the paint, all the imperfections show up. I've never primed a kit.....usually just shoot the color....so what can I spray on the surface to hilite imperfections that isn't gonna build up on the surface.....if you understand what I am asking. I wanna shoot something on the surface that will allow me to see *** is up, but I don't wanna build up the surface with undercoats of whatever it is I should shoot........I usually don't pay that much attention to this kinda detail, but I'm takin it to the next level....especially for this Prowler I have in the GB.

Tips appreciated.

you can get it from our beloved SprueBrothers

www.spruebrothers.com

it's called Gunze Mr. Surfacer 1000 (Just type in Mr Surfacer 1000 in the Search box on the Sprue Bros site)

You thin it with either lacquer thinner (it's a lacuqer based primer), or Gunze's own thinner (be sure to get the kind for their lacquer paints)

Sounds like you may already have this covered Sarge but just in case it truly sounds like you should try Gunze Mr. Surfacer....1000 for preparing to paint. I absolutely swear by it now, having recently started using it myself. Even more, while I still primarily use Squadron putty for the seams and wet sand those down I've found that sanding to a "near perfect" blend becomes truly "seamless" when you apply a small amount of Mr Surfacer 1000 to the small pits in the Squadron putty then sand down a bit further. I was truly impressed with my A-6E's having no visible seams when using both products.