1:32 Trumpeter A-7D Corsair

Hot off the press from Trumpeter - here's a copy of the US release announcement:

2245 1/32 A-7D Corsair II Aircraft SRP $139.95

The A-7D is a single-seat, tactical close air support aircraft. Although designed primarily as a ground attack aircraft, it also has limited air-to-air combat capability. It was derived from the basic A-7 originally developed by LTV for the U.S. Navy. Having been used extensively in Southeast Asia, the Corsair II achieved its excellent accuracy with the aid of an automatic electronic navigation and weapon delivery system. Kit consists of 682 plastic parts on 22 sprues plus a metal landing gear, photo etched parts, film instrument panel and markings for the US Air Force. Completed kit measures over 17" long with a wingspan of over 14".

We will begin taking pre-orders in the few days.

Gordon

Why would you want them to do that? All Trumpeter did was scale up the Hasegawa 1/48 kit. Just buy the Hasegawa kit and you'll have a more correct shaped 1/32 Trumpeter A-7 in 1/48 scale.

Dave

Oh, and I'll definitely be grabbing a couple of those 1/32 A-7D's. Got a couple of Vietnam Corsairs I want to do!

Man, I wish they had simply scaled up the Hasegawa kit, then it would have been fine. There are many similarities for sure, but it looks like they crossbred it with the old Aurora/Monogram kit for the intake and canopy.

For the math guys:

(Hasegawa 1/48 A-7 + Aurora/Monogram 1/48 A-7) X 1.5 = Trumpeter 1/32 A-7?