1990-91 A-10As

That was the time of the LASTE mod. My unit was one of the first to get the majority of there A/C modded. That was one of the reasons they didn't send us to DS. (they didn't want to have two different A-10 supply lines, or thats what they told us :( ) Most Active duty jets did not have LASTE in 1990 and probably got them toward the end of 91 as they could rotate them through depot. It seemed the ANG got theirs first along with AFRES units.

So my advice to you is see if you can find a picture of the particular jet you want to do and model it from there.

One other thing is that no one had the GPS zit on the spine.

HTH

Craig

More direct questions-

"Is it likely that an A-10 taking/that took part in Desert Shield/ Desert Storm did NOT have the LASTE mods?"

(Assuming that I don't find a pic of the jet.) "If I locate a photo of a certain A-10A in-theatre from the same squadron, is it likely that all the aircraft in that squadron have the same mods?"

"If a woodchuck could chuck a Fujimi/Testors 1/48 F-14A, how far along in the build would he get before he chucked it?" :(

More direct questions-

"Is it likely that an A-10 taking/that took part in Desert Shield/ Desert Storm did NOT have the LASTE mods?"

(Assuming that I don't find a pic of the jet.) "If I locate a photo of a certain A-10A in-theatre from the same squadron, is it likely that all the aircraft in that squadron have the same mods?"

"If a woodchuck could chuck a Fujimi/Testors 1/48 F-14A, how far along in the build would he get before he chucked it?" ;)

Yes AFAIK there were no LASTE A-10's in DS. I met the DCM from Myrtle Beach at Gunsmoke 91, and he told me that there were no LASTE Hog's in DS.

HTH

Craig