Questions about the DML 152C

Has anybody built the 1/72 scale DML Ta 152C and if so did you have trouble building it?

I can't recall seeing any pics of the built kit on any of the modeling sites, there are some pics of the 1/48 scale DML Ta 152C out there but nothing on the 1/72 scale version.

I am nearly finished with my Ta 152C and it has been a real struggle so far, many of the large pieces did not fit together well and the small parts are difficult to remove from the sprue without damage.

The tailwheel assembly is all wrong and looks nothing like a tailwheel strut as seen in pictures or drawings of the actual a/c. I will be using a tail wheel from an old Heller Fw 190 instead of the kit part.

Over the years I have built many kits, some of them were the early MPM and Special Hobby offerings which were not that easy to build but I did not have as much trouble with them as I am now with this DML kit. This has been the worst fitting model I have ever attempted to build. :)

I will post some pics of this model in a week or two.

Matrixone

Edited by matrixone

I haven't built my Ta 152C yet, but my mates and I have a saying for Dragon kits, they touch whe they fit and fit where they touch. That's been my experience with other DML kits I've built. But generally tey are worth persevering with I feel as the results can be quite satisfying.

Thanks Mark,

I have built other DML kits and did not have that much trouble building them but this Ta 152C is pretty bad.

Maybe I just got a ''lemon'' of a kit.

My kit looked great in the box with finely engraved panel lines and good looking well molded small parts, too bad not many of the parts actually fit together that well.

When you build your kit take note of the shape of the tailwheel assembly, the parts are shaped all wrong compared with the full sized Focke-Wulf parts. I was preparing to glue the tailwheel assembly to the fuselage and tried to dry fit the part but it looked really odd when it was in place and thats when I checked my reference books and realized the tailwheel strut was unusable as it was molded.

Matrixone

I've got one nearly complete and am very disappointed in it. When I get finished, I figure I'm going to have as much or more work in it than I have in one of my 20 or 30 year old Airfix kits. It looks absolutely fantastic when you open the box but I've seen Snap-Tite kits with better fit. I've got one each of their He 219 A's and the Ta 152 H and can't bring myself to start them.

Matrixone,

It's been years since I've built mine, but yes the fit was problematic, especially at the wing roots and the cowling. I elected to close the cooling flaps, so that made it even more fun.

Regards,

Murph