I've put my 1/72nd F-8E in its box and into the rafters it has gone. I've made a change in my building from 1/72nd to 1/48. I have only just begun on my 1/48 Hasegawa F-8E which will be in the markings of John B Nichols' VF-191 MiG killer. Hopefully I'm not cutting this too short because I rarely get time to build and I also have a 1/48 Hellcat that gets most of my time and also have begun on a 1/48 F-15C for the F-15 GB after shelving my 72nd F-15 and moving up to the 1/48th. There's really nothing to show just yet as I'm only now fiddling with the cockpit and gear bays, but I thought I'd mention it to the moderators.

• 1 month later...

I get very little time to build models but I have made some progress. I decided to snap a picture to show where I am in my build and to prove I am participating. Nothing that you see is quite completed but it's getting there. I really need to tone down the metal buckles on the seat.

I'm utilizing:

1/48 Hasegawa F-8E

Aires cockpit set

Aires wheel well (not using the front wheel well though)

Aires tailpipes

Cutting Edge brake set

AVI Print 48006 VF-211 markings

I have decided I'll upload two images, but they are basically the same shot but one is with a flash and one is without the flash. Each photo allows different elements to show up.

My_F-8_1.jpg

My_F-8_2.jpg

Edited by StevenJ

Thank you for the kind words.

It's a long, boring story but basically I personally think 1/48th gives the eye a little bit more to feast on. I have to say, I sure hope I can finish this Crusader in time!