Good to 'see' you again Frank! :-) Will you attend Flanders next Saterday? Or otherwise my birthday on the tuesday afterwards?

Cherio! :blink:

Laurens

Edited by LST01
Good to 'see' you again Frank! :-) Will you attend Flanders next Saterday? Or otherwise my birthday on the tuesday afterwards?

Cherio! :blink:

Laurens

you will be at flanders too great :banana:

we definatly need a ARC meet foto taken there :D

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Finally got my act together.

Not as good as I would wish, but what the heck I am having fun with it.

I think not bad for a guy with the shakes ( not from the beer)

First is the panel. I drilled the instrument holes, sprayed he panel with Gunze RLM 76 , then the detailling

Last I ran clear in the holes.

rob

In the last pic I threw in some controle cables for the gas manager

here is the tub right

Its is not as good as wasserfall Lst01 upandaway or GWuer but I dont care its a holelottafun

Next week I will be doing the pivot for the horiz stabilicers and the aires wheel bays wich I sprayes light gray

rob

(Its is not as good as wasserfall Lst01 upandaway or GWuer but I dont care its a holelottafun)

I find it at least as good if not better :rolleyes:

In my opinion the Aires pit is much better then the BB pit i have, but at the time it wasn't out yet

Keep up the postings!!

:banana:

Thanxs, Henry.

When we meet I buy you a beer!! :thumbsup:

Perhaps at our local meeting on 10 juni in Westbroek near Utrecht

Its also the annual zolderverkoopdag , with a contest. Its very gezellig..

rob

Hi everybody,

just a small picture to show the start of the blending process. Please note that the flash makes it a little too harsh. It is more subtle in reality. I have to repaint the boxes. I'm not a fan of the drybrush effect. :monkeydance:

Cherio! :cheers:

Laurens

Edited by LST01

Today I managed to chang the pivoting point of the horizontal stabs.

I took the easy way. Took some milliput ,two component superfine, stuffed it in the fuselage , waited to cure and get hard.

Meanwhile drilled two holes in the hor stabs 1.5 mm. Took two pieces of 1.5 mm steel wire.After the milliput was hardend I measured the pivoting holes and drilled1.5mm.

As you can see I also managed to knock of all the static antennas.

Therefor I drilled 6 new holes in the stabs and those will be fillid after the painting and decalling (end of the year)

rob

Henry.

It will be finished for Telford.

NOw I am trying to find the courage to cut the zacto canopy

Then I have to find a top pictire off the Uzbekistan bird, wich will be a heck of a job. And I don't want it to be a WHAT IFF SU.

rob

Small update on my Birthday! :beer4:

Quite easy to correct the vertical tails. The following took me about 5 minutes. I just have to clean and sand it up a little and add the new rivets.

Cherio! ;)

LS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

a few small pictures of the hinges of the vert tail fins. I'm pretty sure it is not 100% accurate but it's better than trumpeters suggestion I think :D It's not finished yet but we are getting close! :lol:

Cheers!

Laurens

Great stuff guys! :lol:

I'm hoping to someday continue my build...I've got a lot of work ahead of me though if I want to buld a Flanker with all the bells and whistles that all of these ARC builds have!

Chris :D

Looking great!!!

Do you have some pic's of the wheelbays? (painted)

Cheers

I'll try to paint a few details tomorrow again. I had a few things other than scalemodelling on my mind last week :( I think I'll spray some blue on the fuselage at the location of the fwb. I still have to check if it all fits and the blue with the grey should shine a light :P

Cheers!

Laurens

Edited by LST01
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally, Doubledutch has come back to....ARC :cheers:

It has been a while since we posted a few pictures of the progress but you know how it goes. Rob has the family and I just work for a living :) Finally I had the time to take a 3 weeks leave so I can now make up for the lost time. I've completed one side of the main wheelbay and I'll try to paint the intakes of the same side today.

Which colour did everybody use for the intakes?

I'll post some pictures this evening! Thank god I finally have some time to build!!

Cheers!!! :woot.gif:

Laurens

It's already evening, i need pictures....badly......please :worship:

Ok ok, here they are!!

I added a few pipes here and there to the main gear. It is far from correct but if you look at the model you'll notice something yellow so it gives the impression there is more than an empty void I think :D

IMG_4481_cropp.jpg

One more of the left main wheelbay. I'll finish this side first! I've decided to add a black wash to all the wires instead of making them white. I had to redo it for two times (with the white) and I finally decided that I wasn't really modeling but nitpicking....Life's to short to do a wheelbay three times all over again! :worship:

IMG_4477_crop.jpg

I'm still deciding on the intake colours and I'm not sure if I should use alclad. Had some problems before after 6 months or so. Suggestions are welcome this evening :worship:

More tomorrow!

Cheers! :cheers:

Laurens

Edited by LST01