Here's a shot of the kit decals from a 1/72 Hasegawa Tomcat. If you would, please take a close look at the VF-102 Diamondback markings, the style of which are different from Superscale -102 offerings.

Now, I know the same markings for the other two squadrons on the sheet (VF-84 and -31) are also available in a 1/48 Hase kit; what about the -102 markings???

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Thanks for the replies, folks! Steven, thanks for the link; actually that's an F-14B in typical 90's markings, while I'm looking for F-14A '80's markings. I just find it hard to believe that out of the three squadrons on the 72nd sheet they only did two of them in the more popular 48th....

This Superscale sheet won't work?

Well, it's not quite the same...close, though. Actually, I'm getting that very sheet thanks to Fury(thanks, Thomas!), which I'm using for a separate project. But if you look at the pattern of the fuselage bands I think you'll see major differences in style.