Hawgsmoke 2006 completed yesterday (22 March) with 17 teams participating. The results are sealed until tonight's banquet.

I shot every A-10 that was here and will post photos ASAP - but most likely on Monday. I'll be shooting the departures on Saturday morning, and I've already got over 3,000 digital images to pour through.

Stay tuned.

- Rip -

I shot every A-10 that was here and will post photos ASAP - but most likely on Monday. I'll be shooting the departures on Saturday morning,

- Rip -

I wouldn't shoot at an A-10, they shoot back you know... they spit depleted uranium. Not only that, you could be arrested.

Well I wish I was there, but I sent my jet instead! :thumbsup: I am sorry it was so dirty, but a dirty hog is a flying hog, and she has been a Flying hog this past month!!!

Take care Rip and Go Beav, Murph, Fins and Metro!!!!

(My squadrons competitors)

Craig

Dave -

I don't think a CD will cut it. It will have to be a DVD or two. In addition, I'm preparing an article for International Air Power Review. It's up to them if they want to publish it. I do have DMAFB PAO approval.

Falcon -

Hawgsmoke was held at DMAFB, AZ this year. Great sun for both days and I think only one jet aborted out of all the competitors here - Sure beats the Hawgwash of 2004 at Barkey-Dale!

Craig -

I shot your jet in detail on several occasions and got it on taxi-out, and landing post-competition. Every Hog was very dirty from firing the GAU-8!! A few jets that had been at Nellis the past few weeks were so dirty, you couldn't see the false canopy anymore!!

AND - I was able to photograph two C Models. Craig - one of them is a Ravens jet - #704!! I talked to your boss about how he was able to do that - Very clever commander!

(Ken Middleton - If you read this - The Mass Hogs had the best markings of any of the Hogs here, three commoratives and one really nice basic scheme - Sadly the CT Yankees didn't bring their boss bird - it doesn't shoot straight!)

I'd like to talk Bob Sanchez into a Hawsmoke decal set - similar to TMOTA. Ths only problem is there really isn't a good A-10 out there in 1/48th - Hint, Hint Mr Tamigawa!!

Out here - for now.

ATB -

- Rip -

I was wondering how that was going, Wally. I was going to call you, but didn't want to interrupt your shooting!

Did the 926FW bring any jets? I think they may have officially been disbanded this week, as their jets are now at Whiteman and Barksdale.

Jake

According to the Hawgsmoke website:

47FS -- Barksdale AFB

104FS -- Baltimore ANG

190FS -- Boise ANG

118FS -- Bradley ANG

354FS, 357FS, 358FS -- DM

355FS -- Eielson AFB

422TES, 66WPS, JAGOG -- Nellis

75FS -- Pope AFB

103FS -- Willow Grove ANG