Vietnam War ... in the beginning

Hi All.

Just a question to clearify the Vietnam War. I know most of us recognized Rolling Thunder, Linebacker II, with Phantoms, Buffs, Hueys in the sky of Vietnam. But there was a Vietnam war way before all that happened when Vietnam was known as French Indo-china. You know ... when HCM was just a guerilla fighter, and the French was still there?

So, does this qualify for Vietnam War group build?

Regards

Triet

Absolutely. In fact, we have said that any aircraft that flew from roughly 1949-1975 are eligible. THese include aircraft flow over North and South Vietnam, as well as those flown in other SEA countries and southern China. In addition, we have said that all SEATO aircraft are included that flew exercises or missions in SEA.

I hope that you will join us in this GB..

Happy Trails

Patrick

Why not set a date?

The Vietnamese announced their independence from the French in 1945 (September 2nd)

Harald

While that is the day that they declared independence, the war for Vietnamese independence did not really begin until 1949. That is why we selected that date. Hope this helps.

Happy Trails

Patrick

• 5 weeks later...
Absolutely. In fact, we have said that any aircraft that flew from roughly 1949-1975 are eligible. THese include aircraft flow over North and South Vietnam, as well as those flown in other SEA countries and southern China. In addition, we have said that all SEATO aircraft are included that flew exercises or missions in SEA.

I hope that you will join us in this GB..

Happy Trails

Patrick

SEA countries, you mean as far south as Malaysia, Indonesia, etc? Inquiring minds wants to know... hope you don't find it nit-picky or rude. :thumbsup:

SEA countries, you mean as far south as Malaysia, Indonesia, etc? Inquiring minds wants to know... hope you don't find it nit-picky or rude. :cheers:

No, I do not find it nitpicky or rude. However, I do not believe that aircraft from Malaysia or Indonesia flew over Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, or Thailand during the era of the Vietnam War.