1/48 scale Matchbox FJ-4B Fury

Here's Matchbox's FJ-4B Fury in VA-144 markings. It's really not that bad of a kit, but I did do some scratchbuilding in the cockpit area. The raised panel lines were sanded off and I replaced them by drawing them on with an ink pen.

fury1.JPG

fury2.JPG

fury3.JPG

fury4.JPG

fury5.JPG

Darren

Once again another great Navy jet build. You never let us down. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of ink pen did you use on the panel lines? Also, did you draw them directly on the paint or after clear or dull coat. That seems like a great idea instead of rescribing.

Chuck

Darren

Once again another great Navy jet build. You never let us down. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of ink pen did you use on the panel lines? Also, did you draw them directly on the paint or after clear or dull coat. That seems like a great idea instead of rescribing.

Chuck

I used a .005 Micron ink pen drawn on after the decals and dull coat were on. For straight edges, I used Tamiya tape and Post-It notes.