New Aires sets for the Trump 1/32 A-7E

Looks like Aires has released some sets for the big Trumpeter A-7E. Out now are:

2050 Early cockpit set (includes the ESCAPAC seat)

2049 SJU-8/A ejection seat (just the seat)

Future announced items are:

2053 ESCAPAC 1G-2 seat (the seat included with the Early cockpit set)

2054 Late cockpit set (will probably have the SJU seat, but don't know if there will be any other changes. The film instruments in the early 2050 set are labeled 2050 - 2054, implying that the IP will be the same)

2055 Wheel bays

No word on if they plan to do the A-7D pit also.

The release of the SJU seat seperately is welcomed for those that have the BB pit, which only comes with the early ESCAPAC seat.

If you want to get Aires stuff and you are in the US, you may want to consider getting the stuff from overseas as the US retail prices are horrible. For example, the US price on the seat is about $22, but the export price at Hannants is £6.17, which is a little over $11.

Just spreading the word. :)

Edited by Dave Williams
Thanks for the Info Dave :blink:

I can recommend Modelimex for great mail order service and prices.

Modelimex

cheers

Andy

I've used Modelimex and they are very good, but the current currency conversion makes Hannants a better choice for US buyers. The export prices for the wheel bays are:

Modelimex - 25.63 Euro = $32.79

Hannants - 14.21 Pounds = $26.22

BTW, HS has a review of the A-7D pit and the wheel wells HERE

I've used Modelimex and they are very good, but the current currency conversion makes Hannants a better choice for US buyers. The export prices for the wheel bays are:

Modelimex - 25.63 Euro = $32.79

Hannants - 14.21 Pounds = $26.22

That's good information to have. I hadn't done a conversion comparison like that before but will be sure to do that in the future.