Do ALL choppers have TWO control sticks?

In the descriptions of flying helicopters, I've read/ heard there is a control stick between pilots legs, for left- right- climb- dive , and a horizontal stick gripped by pilot's LEFT hand, which is both twisted for throttle, and raised / or lowered to control collective pitch, (how much angle, and therefore lift, the main rotor generates.) I'm building a Marine H-34, were they controlled same as Huey's?? -Phil

Same controls for all choppers...the one between the pilots legs is called the "cyclic stick". Rudder pedals in front of pilots legs...control the pitch of the tail rotor.

HTH!

Good to go,

Jim

Same controls for all choppers...the one between the pilots legs is called the "cyclic stick". Rudder pedals in front of pilots legs...control the pitch of the tail rotor.

HTH!

Good to go,

Jim

Thanks much brother- scratchbuilt some collective sticks & shoved 'em in. Hey, 1/72 Italeri, WTH

Edited by Phil Wright

Hi Phil, yes all helos come with the cyclic between their legs and a collective beside the seat. The pedals on the floor are refered to as rudder pedals or anit-torque pedals or in our Longbow world they are listed on our computer manuals as directional controls. Good luck on the H-34 can not wait to see some pics. My dads brother was killed in Vietnam on a H-34 when it was shot down during Operation Texas. He was in the Marine Corp. Happy Modeling. :thumbsup:

My dads brother was killed in Vietnam on a H-34 when it was shot down during Operation Texas. He was in the Marine Corp.

Was he part of the crew or from K Company 3/1.....

handsalute.png

Yes his name is Bruce Lamar Watkins and he was not part of the crew he was a passanger. It was a huge lift and there helo was the last one to fly across where the trees came to a point. There was a large cal machine gun which shot the front of the helo killing the copilot and sending the helo inverted to the ground. The pilot was ejected from the helo and lived for a few days before he died at one of the hospitals over there. Is this the info you were looking for?