1/48 Hasegawa F-16D

The rerelease I picked up has the smoked canopy in it. The actual D canopy I believe is a tinted front half and clear back half. I purchased the clear sprue for my DJ from HobbyLink Japan, and that one is the clear version.

Brian

This link shows you what you get in each Viper kit, and V6 does include the tinted canopy

F-16 in 1/48 Scale

Edited by lockheed2004
Clear one. I never seen a smoked twin seater canopy. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Well that's sorta strange, the canopy I have is smoked, light but smoked, sitting it next to several other canopies there's no doubt about it, smoked!

Bob

It was almost a year ago when I did this......

I believe there's a link on their website to order parts. You should send them I believe the kit info, and the part number you need. In this case I just asked for the clear sprue. In my request I believe I mentioned I needed the clear sprue from any B, D, or DJ kit. I do remember it ended up being $8.99 (including shipping) and I had it in about 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Brian

It was almost a year ago when I did this......

I believe there's a link on their website to order parts. You should send them I believe the kit info, and the part number you need. In this case I just asked for the clear sprue. In my request I believe I mentioned I needed the clear sprue from any B, D, or DJ kit. I do remember it ended up being $8.99 (including shipping) and I had it in about 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Brian

Yes it does, thanks

Bob

Bob,

Is that the kit I traded you for the F-8 & Harrier? I think I have a clear one with the other Ds in the stash. Let me know and I'll drive up to your place and trade again. I have another D canopy that's already been Futured and partially tinted (not smoked though).