Bad eBayer 'ikeepfindingmore'

Won eBay item B-2 Stealth Bomber Jet Model Kit (290022811943), and paid by PayPal after auction full amount as stated $15.50 plus another $15.50 for shipping as stated. Total $31.00

After 3 weeks i enquired about shipping progress. Vendor replied he needed extra to cover PayPal fee's, which i agreed to cover and sent ($3.00). Still no kit to date nor responses to 'Ask seller a question' which was "Has kit been shipped yet ?"

Now launched PayPal complaint to which vendor responded by saying he needs additional funds to ship, and he counter-claimed by launching an 'Unpaid item strike' for non-payment (eh ?) ~and~ has already left me negative feedback.

Sorry to bring this to fellow modellers attention.

:D

Update: Thanx for some PM's i've had offering advice & support. Its greatly appreciated.

eBay have upheld my appeal to the unpaid item strike and have removed it.

"After reviewing all of the information provided about Mint Sealed Testors B-2 Stealth Bomber Jet Model Kit (#290022811943) the Unpaid Item strike has been removed from your account."

Now i just need PayPal to do the same (and recovery of the funds would be nice)

Thanks all.........

Edited by Dave T
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: PayPal uphold my claim.

From my mailbox this morning:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your

favour.

We were able to recover $31.00 USD, and this amount has been credited to

you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to

recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed

to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the

seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account

privileges. "

Downside of this system is that PayPal also email the bad trader. This alerts him he lost, but also forewarns him to empty his account so they can't take 'my' money back.

I'll check my own balance over the next 5 days to see if the payment really is reversed.

Happy modelling folks... :thumbsup:

UPDATE: PayPal uphold my claim.

Downside of this system is that PayPal also email the bad trader. This alerts him he lost, but also forewarns him to empty his account so they can't take 'my' money back.

I'll check my own balance over the next 5 days to see if the payment really is reversed.

Happy modelling folks... :rolleyes:

Thats why I wont use paypal. I know it has alot of good points, but if you cant really get your money back it doesnt seem worth it to me. I just pay for things with a Postal Money order. That way, the PO will get involved if you dont get your item, or so I'm told anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the warning on this guy!

Mike

Thats why I wont use paypal. I know it has alot of good points, but if you cant really get your money back it doesnt seem worth it to me. I just pay for things with a Postal Money order. That way, the PO will get involved if you dont get your item, or so I'm told anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the warning on this guy!

Mike

If you want to stick it to the deadbeat seller, demanding extra money from you to cover Paypal fees is a violation. You should report it to ebay.

• 1 month later...

Ok folks, final update..... all claims upheld, all counter-claims overuled by eBay and PayPal, and money refunded, BUT..... i still don't get the kit i wanted :banana:

Does anyone have any Testors/Italeri B-2 Spirits lying around that they would consider shipping to UK please ? Condition immaterial, even abandoned projects will suffice. Happy to PayPal $ or trade for UK items.

Many thanks.........

Edited by Dave T
Ok folks, final update..... all claims upheld, all counter-claims overuled by eBay and PayPal, and money refunded, BUT..... i still don't get the kit i wanted :cheers:

Does anyone have any Testors/Italeri B-2 Spirits lying around that they would consider shipping to UK please ? Condition immaterial, even abandoned projects will suffice. Happy to PayPal $ or trade for UK items.

Many thanks.........

PM sent. :D

Larry

The unpaind strike will be taken away after you prove to them that you paid for the item. It took about three tries of me e-mailing them the copies of the Paypal transactions and e-mail payment confirmation before E-bay finally sided with me and took off the strike. The main thing that went my way is that the seller e-mailed me the day after I paid telling me he received the payment! The problem came when I didn't receive my kit and he refunded my money then filed a non payment complaint.