Hasegawa kit build mostly oob with the exception of the conopy. Its one piece so I seperated the windshield from the canopy. I used the windshield and replaced the canopy with a (Squadron) vac, I also made seat belts out of masking tape. Painted with model master dark green and ocean gray, black chrome trim for the bottom. The decals are from aero master Hurricanes at War pt.II. Marking for Hurricane Mk.II C Serial No. HL864 code LK ?. A/C used it night intruder operations during Sept. 1942. Weather with pastels and model master aluminum, flat coat also M/M.

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

Nice job on that Hurri! It is a great kit to build, the interior, especially, has lovely detail. Almost no need for aftermarket stuff, except maybe seatbelts. Nice to see an a/c with different/unusual markings like yours.

Thanks for sharing your excellent build!

:banana:

J.C.

Just a questions...was it just the rear fuselage that is fabric? I thought the wings weren't skinned with metal....if they weren't, surely paint chipping would be unrealistic?

I may be just talking nonsense, if so ignore me completely! Beautiful model with a very nice little base!

Just a questions...was it just the rear fuselage that is fabric? I thought the wings weren't skinned with metal....if they weren't, surely paint chipping would be unrealistic?

I may be just talking nonsense, if so ignore me completely! Beautiful model with a very nice little base!

If my memory serves me correctly, it was the earliest versions of the Mk.I that had the fabric covered wings. By the time of the Battle of Britain, and certainly by the time the Mk.IIc came into service, the wings were skinned with metal, while the rear fuselage was the only part of the airframe that remained fabric covered.

HTH.

J.C.

Edited by Jamie Cheslo