72nd scale Hornet update set?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done an aftermarket resin F-18A+/C/D update set? By this I mean a set that lets you update your older Hasegawa (for example) Hornet kits up to the latest standards:

IFF antenna's

swept antenna's

dual chaff buckets

Didn't F4Dable Models just do the chaff buckets in 48th & 32nd scales? If so, any plans to do them in 72nd scale Jason? :thumbsup: Fred K

Golden Dragon Productions is supposed to make one. It is already priced on their webpage, but still

in the comming soon section.

SCOUT

I actually bought this set from greatmodels.com probably 8-10 months ago. I don't know if they still have it listed, but a quick check would be able to tell you.

OK here it is:

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/...m_num=GDPR72034

for $7.15

I figured that I would pick one up and see what it was like, but I will readily admit that I was pretty disappointed with what I got for my money. I could get an entire Hasegawa kit for about the same price, and that would be almost a good of a starting point. There are two leading edges, the two intermediate surfaces between the wing and the flaps, two flaps, and a set of split hinges for each side. The casting is pretty poor, with some big bubbles in a lot of the pieces, some that go all the way through.

The intermediate surfaces are thin enough that they were terribly weak, warped, and had some really bad holes, so I will just replace them with pieces of Evergreen sheet. The rest are copies of cut off and mildly reshaped parts from the Hasegawa hornet.

All of the above comments also apply to the Super Hornet set, and I would not recommend either one.

-Jared