This is another topic that has been beaten to death, but here goes. I have been using the 3M red putty for quite awhile, and I will probably never run out. However, I have heard so much about the 3M Acryl Blue that I just have to ask for opinions. I have heard that the red it the most course of 3M's putties and that the blue is the finest. How does the blue adhere to plastic and resin compared to the blue? I like the red because it adheres to the plastic so well. But, I have never used the blue. So, what are the opinions out there? I really appreciate this site and how so many of you folks take the time to give such good information, opinions, and best of all, advice. I really take it to heart. Thanks.

I recently searched for a new tube of Blue and found out that it is not made by 3M anymore. They have replaced it with Acryl-White. This is from several sources, and the Blue is not on the 3m website anymore. I used the Blue for years and had great results with it, so I'm hoping the White is just as good. I received a tube of the White last week, but I have not had a chance to try it on a model yet. I hope to do that tomorrow. I have never used the Red or the Green Acrly putties that 3M also makes. Don M.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U...ZbeFDKXQL309Jgl

Now that's interesting…

From the description, the White looks like it has a similar purpose to the Blue. No MSDS posted yet, so no good way to tell for the moment.

To answer the original question: Yes, the blue sticks to stryrene, resin, and metal very well.

How do these products compare to something like Mr. Hobby White Putty or Tamiya White putty? I only used/have the Mr. Hobby White one so have no point of comparison. I can't say I am blown away with what I have, so I am interested in other products like this 3M stuff as well.