Special Hobby 1/72 F-82G vs. Monogram F-82G Pt.1

Special Hobby 1/72 F-82G Twin Mustang "Korean War" kit #72200. Came yesterday from Sprue Bros. This is just a quick and dirty in box review and comparison with the vintage 1973 Monogram kit, thus the crappy photography My Monogram sample was the RoG re-boxing from a few years ago, but its the same old beast with new markings.

SH sprue A

SHsprueA.jpg

SH sprue B

shsprueB.jpg

SH sprue C

shsprueC.jpg

SH sprues A and C side by side

shspruesAC.jpg

SH clear sprue

shclear.jpg

SH decal sheet

shdecals.jpg

SH resin bits

shresin.jpg

Not pictured: small brass photoetch sheet with seatbelts, scissor links for main struts, pitot, etc. (stupid photographer anyway)

On to the Revell/Monogram-

Rick L.

Those seperate prop blades look like a total PITA. That's they type of thing that keeps me from buying kits. Perhaps pick up an old Revellogram kit for cheap and use their props. Thanks for the comparison posts; much appreciated!

Those seperate prop blades look like a total PITA. That's they type of thing that keeps me from buying kits. Perhaps pick up an old Revellogram kit for cheap and use their props. Thanks for the comparison posts; much appreciated!

There is a really spiffy jig available in different scales that will work for two - five bladed props. fully adjustable for different size spinners and prop shafts. I have used it a couple of times and it is quite useful for those kits that have separate blades.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_inf...vtm0fs2kop6o5m2

Edited by Chuck1945

I bought one of those UMM Prop Masters at the 2009 IPMS Nationals..great gadget! It's even set up to one side does right-handed props and the other left-handed. So you can use it to align blades pitched either way. I got an unexpected opportunity to test it at the show..one of the props got knocked off one of my models, and by the time I discovered it, it had been stepped on and all three blades broken off. I used the jig to fix it, and it worked like a charm!

SN