I have the Pegasus kit for sale for US$25 excluding shipping from Singapore :jaw-dropping:

I like Anigrand's stuff but I feel almost $50 is a bit too much for such a small kit. They do make some unique stuff, though ( like the IAI Lavi & Mirage 4000) & that makes their stuff irresistible to me despite the high prices :jaw-dropping:

I'm a little annoyed by the price. I would have assumed closer to the $20-30 range for something of Have Blue's size. The XP-59A was fairly cheap for Anigrand, too.

So, no thoughts on the accuracy of the kit? Maybe it's difficult to tell unless it's fully assembled?

Hey Berkut, are you aware of the Planet Models kit ?.....

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PLA11172

Cheers,

Haydn.

Thank you Haydn, but i am indeed aware of the kit. To be honest i don't like two things with it:

1 - Price. Way too much if you ask me.

2 - Accuracy. For instance windshield just looks so wrong to me.

I have been toying with the idea of scratchbuild one tho. It is not extremely hard shape so i might do it sometime.

The windscreen might be a bit foreshortened, but I wouldn't say one way or another without seeing it from better angles.

I'm a little concerned about the shape of the beavertail section, both from above and beneath. I might not get rid of my Pegasus kit after all.

EDIT: On a side note, it looks like they've listed a 1:72 MiG-31 Firefox. I wonder if that will be any better than their 1:144 release.

Edited by MiG31
I have the Pegasus kit for sale for US$25 excluding shipping from Singapore :woot.gif:

I like Anigrand's stuff but I feel almost $50 is a bit too much for such a small kit.

I hope the $10 injected plastic kit will be released soon:

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/jay...nt=kopro012.jpg

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/jay...nt=kopro003.jpg

Any observations on its shapes and accuracy?

They got the rear lower fuselage completely wrong, like all previous Have Blue models. Look at this photo:

have-04.jpg

That must mean the upper rear fuselage sits too low, or it's way too flat.

Rob

EDIT: On a side note, it looks like they've listed a 1:72 MiG-31 Firefox. I wonder if that will be any better than their 1:144 release.

Anigrand has been known to scale other kits up and down so that they are direct copies. It doesn't matter if it's their own design they copy or someone else's. I would think a 72nd scale Firefox would carry over any problems with the 144th scale kit. Someone posted that Anigrand hosed up the underside "like all previous Have Blue models." That just makes me wonder if the Have Blue isn't also copied from someone else.

I would definitely think twice about the Anigrand kit. I am in the middle of trying to build their 1/72 X-20 and I have lost track of how many times I have filled in resin pinholes, sanded, primed and started the process all over again. Anigrand is great if it is an unique subject (I have enough Anigrand kits already in my stash), but it would pay to consider the alternatives.

I did not know about the Kopro kits! This is really interesting. I wonder if they are a new mold or are a repop/clone of the old Pegasus kit? I also have the old Maintrack vacuform kit of the Have Blue and should pull this out and compare it to the others.....

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:thumbsup:

New (as in brand new, not reissued) kits from KoPro? Now that's good news! Looks like Richard Kiss, the new owner, is moving ahead quickly. Thanks for posting the links, and if you're reading this, thank you, Richard!!! :thumbsup:

John

I did not know about the Kopro kits! This is really interesting. I wonder if they are a new mold or are a repop/clone of the old Pegasus kit? I also have the old Maintrack vacuform kit of the Have Blue and should pull this out and compare it to the others.....

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:thumbsup:

Nor did I! This is good news. It seems improbable they would reissue a Pegasus limited-run kit, for at least a couple of reasons - (1) Unlikely the Pegasus molds are compatible with the equipment KoPro uses to do their regular injection-molded kits, or durable enough; (2) Personally I don't recall anyone ever reissuing a Pegasus kit, except Pegasus himself; the geographical locations of the two companies (Britain and Hungary) also makes this seem unlikely. I could be wrong about all this, of course! Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but perhaps KoPro decided to tackle the Have Blue as the first new-mold kit under new management because of the relatively simple shapes. Regardless, I certainly wish them good luck!

John

New (as in brand new, not reissued) kits from KoPro? Now that's good news! Looks like Richard Kiss, the new owner, is moving ahead quickly. Thanks for posting the links, and if you're reading this, thank you, Richard!!! :thumbsup:

I e-mailed KP Models in May asking about the rumoured Have Blue, and Richard Kiss told me "we have no plans to release Have Blue model". He contacted the director of the Czech Kopro company (which is not the same as KP Models!) about it, and apparently a third company used their name at the Nuremberg Toy Fair and announced the Have Blue. I wouldn't hold my breath for it..

Rob

I e-mailed KP Models in May asking about the rumoured Have Blue, and Richard Kiss told me "we have no plans to release Have Blue model". He contacted the director of the Czech Kopro company (which is not the same as KP Models!) about it, and apparently a third company used their name at the Nuremberg Toy Fair and announced the Have Blue. I wouldn't hold my breath for it..

Rob

Thanks for the clarification, Rob! I'm not all that interested in the Have Blue, but I thought it would be a good sign if KP Models was planning to release a new kit.

John

What's wrong with their Firefox?

I cannot find the photos of the work-in-progress, but I recall there were issues with the profile, mainly the spine and intakes. The exhaust nozzles also look a little off. I wouldn't be surprised if they botched the nose as well, since that is more difficult to get right than one would think.